July 2017

CLIQ Digital AG strengthens global market position through UK majority participation

  • 25/07/2017

– Majority participation in the business operations of Universal Mobile Enterprises (UME)
– Mobile content marketing & distribution specialists with focus on the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, South Africa while expanding in other countries
– UME has nearly a million subscribers to their services year to date
– Financing from cash and cash flow from operating activities of CLIQ Digital AG

 

Dusseldorf, July 25, 2017 – CLIQ Digital AG (ISIN DE000A0HHJR3, WKN A0HHJR), a leading sales and marketing company for digital products with its own payment platform, has, as reported ad hoc on July 22, 2017, acquired a majority participation in the business operations of the UK based companies Universal Mobile Enterprises Ltd. and Moonlight Mobile Ltd (together “UME”). With economic effect as per June 1, 2017, the business of UME will be run by a newly established entity in which CLIQ Digital holds a stake of 51%. The remaining 49% of the shares in the newly established company will be held by the founders of UME, Richard Keeley and Alex Rooke, who will continue to manage the operative business. It was agreed between the parties to keep the purchase price confidential. The purchase price is financed from cash and the cash flow from operating activities of CLIQ Digital AG.

UME has grown dynamically since their establishment in 2009 and achieved a strong market position in the distribution of mobile content with a focus on entertainment and games. In the business year 2016/2017, ending April 30, UME generated net revenues of GBP 10.3 million (approx. € 11.5 million) and during the business year 2015/2016 GBP 6.2 million (approx. € 6.9 million). UME has nearly a million subscribers to their services year to date. UME is profitable and is aiming again for further growth in the current financial year 2017/2018. The future use of the know-how and the infrastructure of the CLIQ Digital Group will help to accelerate this expansion. The Management Board of CLIQ Digital AG expects to have operational synergies and cross-selling effects in marketing and sales as a result of the cooperation and estimates that the majority participation in the business of UME will already show a positive impact on the group earnings in the business year 2017.

About CLIQ Digital:

CLIQ Digital is a leading sales and marketing organization for digital products with its own payment platform. The core business of the Group is the direct marketing and billing of its products to end-customers via online- and mobile-marketing channels. CLIQ Digital offers its customers attractive products and is a valuable strategic business partner for networks, developers, publishers and advertisers. The Group, based in Dusseldorf, employs approximately 115 staff and is listed in the Scale segment at the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (ISIN DE000A0HHJR3).

Disclaimer:

This document contains forward-looking statements. These statements are based on the current views, expectations and assumptions of the management of CLIQ Digital and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. Actual results, performance or events may differ materially from those described in such statements due to, among other things, changes in the general economic and competitive environment, risks associated with capital markets, currency exchange rate fluctuations and competition from other companies, changes in international and national laws and regulations, in particular with respect to tax laws and regulations, and other factors. CLIQ Digital does not assume any obligations to update any forward-looking statements.

Contact:

CROSS ALLIANCE communication GmbH
Susan Hoffmeister
Freihamer Strasse 2
D-82166 Gräfelfing/München
Tel.: +49 (0)89 89 82 72 2
E-Mail: sh@crossalliance.de

CLIQ Digital AG acquires majority participation in business operations of Universal Mobile Enterprises and Moonlight Mobile

  • 22/07/2017

Disclosure of inside information pursuant to Article 17(1) of Regulation (EU) 596/2014 on Market Abuse (Market Abuse Regulation – MAR)

Dusseldorf, this 22 July 2017 – Today, CLIQ Digital AG (“CLIQ Digital“) signed an agreement to acquire 51% of the business operations of the UK based companies Universal Mobile Enterprises Ltd. (“UME“) and Moonlight Mobile Ltd. (“MM“). For this purpose, CLIQ Digital purchased 100% of the shares of UME and MM. With economic effect as per 1 June 2017, the business of UME and MM will be run by a newly established entity in which CLIQ Digital holds a stake of 51%. The remaining 49% of the shares in the newly established company will be held by the founders of UME and MM, Richard Keeley and Alex Rooke, who will continue to manage the operative business. Completion of the transaction took place immediately after signing.

UME and MM are active in the distribution of digital products. In their business year ending 30 April 2017 they achieved a total net revenue of GBP 10.3 million (UK GAAP). CLIQ Digital expects that the majority participation in the business of UME and MM will show a positive impact on its group earnings.

 
Disclaimer:

This document contains forward-looking statements. These statements are based on the current views, expectations and assumptions of the management of CLIQ Digital and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. Actual results, performance or events may differ materially from those described in such statements due to, among other things, changes in the general economic and competitive environment, risks associated with capital markets, currency exchange rate fluctuations and competition from other companies, changes in international and national laws and regulations, in particular with respect to tax laws and regulations, and other factors. CLIQ Digital does not assume any obligations to update any forward-looking statements.

Contact:

CROSS ALLIANCE communication GmbH
Susan Hoffmeister
Freihamer Strasse 2
D-82166 Gräfelfing/München
Tel.: +49 (0)89 89 82 72 2
E-Mail: sh@crossalliance.de

New emoji-App with Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton – CLIQ Digital AG distributes Emojis with the world-renowned racing driver

  • 17/07/2017

Dusseldorf, July 17, 2017 – CLIQ Digital AG (ISIN DE000A0HHJR3, WKN A0HHJR), a leading sales and marketing company for digital products with its own payment platform, distributes a unique Emoji app with graphical images of the three-time Formula 1 world champion driver Lewis Hamilton. The app has been developed by CLIQ Digital in cooperation with Lewis Hamilton, works on Apple and Android devices and has over 250 personalized and exclusive emojis, stickers and expressions. All emojis have been handpicked by Lewis Hamilton himself.

Lewis Hamilton adds “I’m using emojis to communicate every day and it’s been pretty cool to put my own packs together. It turned out great and hope you guys have fun with the Hamoji’s!”

Emojis have long been an established form of communication replacing longer terms in digital and mobile communication. Emoji’s iconographic and emotionally nuanced form of expression overcomes language barriers not only in the everyday language but has also found its way into professional correspondence. Hence, the targeted use of emojis in dealing with communication partners is perceived as empathic. CLIQ Digital AG also contributes decisively to this rapid development through the official emoji app of British racing driver Lewis Hamilton.

To corporate customers and their brands, CLIQ Digital offers the “CLIQMOJI” apps on iOS and Android as turnkey full-service solutions for their brands. This includes, besides its release on the App Store, the related marketing, and development of the emoji designs. The apps then contain hundreds of unique brand-specific emojis that can be shared with other people via instant messengers such as WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger. With the innovative “CLIQMOJI” apps brands can target the monetization of the communication of social media followers. CLIQMOJI is the successful expansion of CLIQ Digital AG in the social media field. More information about CLIQMOJI is available at http://cliqmoji.com.

 

About CLIQ Digital:

CLIQ Digital is a leading sales and marketing organization for digital products with its own payment platform. The core business of the Group is the direct marketing and billing of its products to end-customers via online- and mobile-marketing channels. CLIQ Digital offers its customers attractive products and is a valuable strategic business partner for networks, developers, publishers and advertisers. The Group, based in Dusseldorf, employs approximately 101 staff and is listed in the Scale segment at the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (ISIN DE000A0HHJR3).

Contact:

CROSS ALLIANCE communication GmbH
Susan Hoffmeister
Freihamer Strasse 2
D-82166 Gräfelfing/München
Tel.: +49 (0)89 89 82 72 2
E-Mail: sh@crossalliance.de

© 2018 CLIQ Digital. All rights reserved.